Apple updates Dark Sky app with bug fix for Apple Watch location data
What you need to know
- Apple has released an update for the Dark Sky app.
- The update addresses some bugs related to location.
- The Dark Sky app is set to sunset at the end of 2022.
Gotta maintain it before you can get rid of it.
Apple has released an update to its now-owned Dark Sky app that addresses some issues when trying to use it to get the weather in your current location.
Version 6.8.7 of the app addresses some quite unfortunate bugs which impacted both the iOS and Apple Watch app. Thankfully, Apple has resolved those issues with the latest update. You can read the full release notes below:
- Fixes an issue that could cause weather information for current location to appear blank
- Addresses an issue on Apple Watch that could cause current location to be incorrect
- Stability and performance improvements
Apple last updated the Dark Sky app in June with some additional features for VoiceOver as well as an Apple Watch complication.
While it's not surprising to see Apple fix bugs and release the occasional performance improvement, it is a little strange that the company is releasing new features for the app. The company announced that it would be sunsetting the app entirely at the end of 2022.
Apple has already begun to incorporate the features of Dark Sky into its own Weather app. When the company released iOS 15 in September, it was very apparent that many of the features from the app are now built directly into the Weather app and more is sure to follow.
Apple Watch Series 7
Bottom line: I love the Apple Watch Series 7, and its small upgrades make for a big difference on most previous models.