Apple shares more details on how Apple Card Family works
Apple Card Family members can do a lot.
What you need to know
- Apple has shared more details about Apple Card Family.
- The feature allows parents to share their Apple Card with their kids.
Apple has shared some details on how Apple Card Family works.
When Apple hosted its "Spring loaded" event back in April, the company announced some new features for Apple Card called Apple Card Family. The new feature ensures that joint cardholders received equal benefit towards their credit score and also allows parents to share their Apple Card with their kids (with parental controls of course).
Today, Apple has released a new support document that details the new features. The first section goes over what account owners and co-owners can do on a shared Apple Card:
- They share full responsibility for the account balance and all payments, even if one account co-owner does not pay
- Account owners and co-owners have their credit reported equally in their own name
- They can immediately use their shared Apple Card to receive unlimited Daily Cash back on their transactions
- They can add or remove participants and order a titanium Apple Card for participants who are 18 years or older
- They can view participant activity and account co-owner activity
- They can set transaction limits for participants, lock a participant's ability to spend, and receive notifications on participants spending
- They can request a credit limit increase
- They can close the shared Apple Card account at any time, but are still responsible for paying any remaining balance
The second section goes over what participants can do on a shared Apple Card:
- They're not responsible for payments
- They can view their own transactions and information
- They can spend up to the credit limit on the account and may have an optional transaction limit set by an account owner or co-owner
- They can immediately use their shared Apple Card and get unlimited Daily Cash on all transactions
- If they're 18 years or older, they can order their own titanium Apple Card
- If they're 18 years or older, they can opt-in to build their credit and be reported on the account
You can learn more on the Apple Support website.