Apple debuts iCloud for Windows 13 with support for ProRes and ProRAW
What you need to know
- Apple has released iCloud for Windows 13.
- The new release includes support for ProRes videos and ProRAW photos.
- It also adds the ability to generate strong passwords.
iCloud for Windows is getting support for the Pro things.
ProRAW and ProRes are even coming to iCloud for Windows.
As reported by MacRumors, Apple has released iCloud for Windows 13 with some notable updates. The latest update brings support for ProRes video as well as ProRAW photos. It also now supports strong password generation with the iCloud Passwords app.
Apple today introduced a major update to iCloud for Windows, bringing the version number for the software to 13. Apple has added support for Apple ProRes videos and Apple ProRAW photos, so files in these formats can now be accessed from Windows PCs via iCloud.
All participants of an iCloud Drive shared file or folder are now also able to add or remove people, and Apple has introduced support for generating strong passwords using the iCloud Passwords app.
As Apple lists on the Microsoft Store, members of a shared file or folder can now also add or remove people:
- Allow participants of an iCloud Drive shared file or folder to add or remove people.
- Support for Apple ProRes videos and Apple ProRaw photos.
- Support for generating strong passwords via the iCloud Passwords app.
The latest update comes after the company released iCloud for Windows 12.5 back in August with a new password manager. Users can download or update to iCloud for Windows 13 on the Microsoft Store or through the Apple Support website now.
iCloud for Windows was originally launched in February of 2019. The app allows Apple users to sync a number of things from iCloud to their Windows laptop or desktop, including iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, and now Passwords.