Amazon elevates two more execs to its senior leadership team under new CEO Andy Jassy
Amazon bolstered its senior leadership team in the final days of Jeff Bezos’ tenure as CEO last week, making a series of promotions and adding two longtime executives to the influential “S-team,” as it’s known, under new CEO Andy Jassy.
The new additions to the leadership team are James Hamilton, a vice president and distinguished engineer for Amazon Web Services, the cloud division previously led by Jassy; and Drew Herdener, the company’s vice president of worldwide communications, who worked closely with Bezos in the CEO’s office.
The company is also promoting to senior vice president existing S-team members Colleen Aubrey, Christine Beauchamp, Alicia Boler Davis, John Felton, Neil Lindsay, Rohit Prasad and Dave Treadwell.
Amazon confirmed the additions and promotions to GeekWire on Wednesday morning. Bezos and Jassy made and announced the decisions jointly in an internal message on July 1, prior to the official CEO transition on July 5. Bezos remains the company’s executive chairman.
With the additions and departures, Amazon’s S-team numbers 28 people, up slightly from last year. Here’s the full list, alphabetically by last name.
- Amit Agarwal, SVP and country manager, Amazon India
- Colleen Aubrey, SVP, Performance Advertising
- Charlie Bell, SVP, Utility Computing Services
- Christine Beauchamp, SVP, Amazon Fashion
- Jeff Blackburn, SVP, Global Media & Entertainment
- Alicia Boler Davis, SVP, Global Customer Fulfillment
- Jay Carney, SVP, Corporate Affairs
- Dave Clark, CEO, Worldwide Consumer
- Peter DeSantis, VP of global infrastructure and customer support
- John Felton, SVP, Global Delivery Services
- Beth Galetti, SVP, People eXperience and Technology (Human Resources)
- Matt Garman, SVP, AWS Sales and Marketing
- Russell Grandinetti, SVP, International Consumer
- James Hamilton, VP and Distinguished Engineer, AWS
- Drew Herdener, VP, Worldwide Communications
- Doug Herrington, SVP, North America Consumer
- Mike Hopkins, SVP of Prime Video and Amazon Studios
- Andy Jassy, CEO
- Paul Kotas, SVP, Advertising, Music & IMDb
- Peter Krawiec, VP, Worldwide Corporate Development
- Dave Limp, SVP, Devices & Services
- Neil Lindsay, SVP, Prime and Marketing
- Brian Olsavsky, SVP and chief financial officer
- Rohit Prasad, SVP and head scientist, Alexa Artificial Intelligence
- Adam Selipsky, CEO, Amazon Web Services
- Tom Taylor, SVP, Amazon Alexa
- Dave Treadwell, SVP, e-commerce services
- David Zapolsky, SVP and general counsel